At what age did your LO start rolling & throwing a ball? Just curious!

My son will be 10 months on the 24th & he has been rolling & throwing a ball for a month or so now. He's got good aim & everything! Of course, my DH hopes this is a sign that he'll follow in his football-playing footsteps & "catch" is their new favorite game to play. lol

I don't remember my little sister doing this that early, so I was just wondering what ages other kids start doing this?

Asked by heather.huckaby at 9:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started rolling the ball when he was able to sit up at about 10-11 months, and throwing when he was able to stand around a year. My husband's hoping for a left-handed quarterback, lol. ;-)

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I think the throwing ball is normal at that age. My DS has been rolling over since he was 4 months.

Answer by Ashlynsmommy06 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yeea, I meant rolling the ball & throwing the ball. Sorry if it sounded like I was talking about him rolling over--- he's been doing that for ages. Thanks for the reply!

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• hmmm. my niece started rolling the ball probably around 10 months, but she still doesnt have good aim. she is 1 now.

Answer by kaotikmodelmom at 9:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My son started rolling at 4-6 months, as far as throwing a ball, well we were doing that this morning and he's 8 months today. So, I think its pretty normal. He's pulling up on furniture too, thats a new one this week. So exciting!

Answer by Kool_Aide at 9:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• my son is 8 months and he's been throwing/rolling a ball for about a month.. but now his new thing is climbin on the furniture..he's not to interested in the ball anymore..

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• we will be 9 mos on the 19th, he has been rolling his rings from his stacker toy for about 3 weeks. i haven't tried any balls, i really hated to get the dogs confused at what toys were theirs which were his. so i stay away from " like" toys...
    and throwing, well he can throw a lot of things, his paci across the room, the remote, his rings, his socks that he pulls off after i just wrestled to get on him.....

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 1:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2008