Help with stain....

I had a cat that would pee everywhere, well we ended up getting rid of her, but I bought my son a brand new futon with a matress that cost us $200. I cant get the smell out of the futon to save my life. I had it profesionally cleaned a while ago and she peed on it again after that. I cant afford to have it cleaned again, so what are some suggestions to clean this futon mattress.

lilmans_mommy

Asked by lilmans_mommy at 9:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pets

• baking soda! Google it! There are manyways to do it.
    Ashlynsmommy06

Answer by Ashlynsmommy06 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Baking soda, white vinegar and lemon juice (to make the scent more bearable). Make a past and scub if you can see the spot.....if not mix in a spray bottle and wipe down the whole thing. You might have to do it several times. It'll also help if you can put it in the sun to dry.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 4:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• oops "Paste"
    Kimebs

• wow.....thax ladies, I will try that. I also heard letting it out in the sun to dry works too, hmmmmm....how does that work? just curious. =)
    lilmans_mommy

Answer by lilmans_mommy at 9:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• baking soda mixed with lemon juice,the cat has problems with that particular person,it happened to me he peed on my kids beds cause he hated them annoying him.so i tried this and i kept puttong in the sun to air aswell as dry,boy this works
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 5:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Good luck with that!  We had a cat pee on our couch once and the small wouldn't go away no matter what we cleaned it with.  We tried everything that is mentioned above along with every "pet odor eliminator" on the market.  We tried Lysol, Fabreeze, Odoban and tons of other "air fresheners" . . . .  nothing worked.  The cat urine soaks into the padding/stuffing and that is where the smell seems to stay.

Again, good luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2008