Could my hormones be out of whack?

My cycles have always been very regular, every 34 days. The last few months they have been so messed up! One month is was 45 days, another was 31 days, and this month was 22 days! Not cool for someone used to a regular schedule. I am 33 years old, mother of 2 kids with no health problems otherwise. Should I talk to my doctor about some hormonal testing, or could this be early menopause? (I was 10 when my period started, if that makes any difference to the onset of menopause.)

jorrensmom

Asked by jorrensmom at 9:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Health

• There are actually a lot of factors that can affect your cycle...changes in diet or exercise not the least of them. If you haven't made any significant lifestyle changes, I would go to a gynecologist and have an exam. There's just too many possible causes to not get checked out, you know? Everything from endometriosis to pcos to perimenopause.

Perimenopause is the period before your body goes into full menopause. It can last up to 8 years. During this stage, your estrogen levels fluctuate quite a bit, which can cause your cycle to lengthen and shorten, seemingly at will! It usually begins in the 40's, but can happen as early as 30 years old.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I would definitely ask a doctor about this. THere is an RN group on here. Go there and ask the question. I hope someone can help you with this answer.
    Ashlynsmommy06

Answer by Ashlynsmommy06 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2008