Is your child spoiled?

Is your child spoiled? Spoiled rotten? There is a difference. My children can be considered spoiled sometimes, with all the toys they have. But they are not spoiled rotten, becuase they are not bratty about it or think they are entitled to anything, or throw fits when they don't get the things they want. They treat their things good, too.

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not by me. He is spoiled by the rest of the family- grandparents and aunts and uncles though.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My children are not lacking for anything. They are not spoiled tho. I make sure they are very well grounded and do chores. My 13 yr old son volunteers at 2 different soup kitchens each month. I think its important that they know there is a different way of life and it really doesn't take many bad decisions to end up there.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• our son is spoiled he is also our only right now so we let it... but he is also a really good kid... he always behaves when we go out so we take him to the toy section or get him treats for good behavior... but he knows that there are times when we can't and he understands and is fine with it.

Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Spoiled to the core but same as yours don't throw fits and cleans their rooms ( well not our son he's only 1)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Aden is spoiled by his dad. I think his dad will think he "wins" if he spoils Aden. Aden already sees his dad every day - I only get to see him once a week, if that. Aden hasn't caught on that he will get spoiled yet - the other day he was visiting me and asked if he could play with some marbles. I told him I had no marbles, and he spotted a multi-chain necklace of mine. He asked if he could play with that instead, and it made a perfect substitute for marbles. If he could stay that way forever, I would be very happy... but the way his dad is acting, he never will.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would say no. My kids have all the toys they could want although they are not always the best or high dollar items that I see other kids have. They do not throw fits when they want something and dont get it. They know they have to work (chores) to get new things and keep what they have. They know to ask for what they want not demand. And they are only 3 & 4.
    Jwick

Answer by Jwick at 1:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Not spoiled by us but my 10yo acts like a spoiled brat and I have no idea why. We've never spoiled any of them (we have 5) but she seems to think the world should revolve around her and she should get whatever she wants and when she doesn't she throws a huge fit. Sigh.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My son is spoiled but he's also very well behaved.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My DD is spoiled to the core, by everyone in her life! Mom, dad, grandma Scott, grandpa Scott, grndma and grandpa langley, two great grandmas, 2 uncles and one aunt. She is spoiled but also the sweetest, most well behaved, smartest, little princess you will ever meet!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011