My son is at that stage . . .

He's crawling, he's getting into everything, always has something in his mouth, && now when he's in his crib, he wants to ram his head into the bars && his fish aquarium. How can I keep him from doing this? I know not a lot, but I don't want him to hurt himself.

Blueberryplz

Asked by Blueberryplz at 9:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine does it too, and there's nothing you cans there and do about it. He lays there and kicks the crib, and rams his head into it. No bumper! My ped. said to make sure to get it out once they are moving around because they can get under it and suffocate, get tangled in the strings, and once they can pull them selves up, they can use it to stand on and fall out of the crib. i kind of just let my son do it, because I feel that he can't hurt himself too bad doing it, and I can't put him in a bubble.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 3:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• How old is he?? You may need to put the bumper pad back up in the crib. Or maybe hes ready for his tod bed.
    Ashlynsmommy06

Answer by Ashlynsmommy06 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Def put a bumper in there and remove the aquarium. He is too old for it anyway. If he likes it then put it on the dresser at night for him. He'll get past this.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I agree with Sammieanne, no bumper; once he's mobile like this, it's a choking or strangulation hazard.
    You're right, there's not much you can do.....will he keep a hat on? Maybe just keep a soft beanie hat on him so he doesn't hit his head too hard.....
    Mine won't stay in his crib for a minute....Um......
    As far as putting things in his mouth, just pick up everything....I know there are some things in the place you can't control, but control what you can; toys, food, etc......(mine sneaks in the kitchen and eats the cat food yuck!)
    piggyfairy

Answer by piggyfairy at 4:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2008