Chores

Do your children have chores around the house? What are they?
My son feeds the dog and puts away the laundry. He also helps clean the house (keep things picked up). In the summer he waters the flowers and picks sticks out of the yard (so I can mow without running them over).

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• My sons do, take out the garbage, take out the recyclables ... We have chore sticks that they choose, so it's different every day, but it can vary between vacuuming, feeding the cats, putting all the blinds down in the house at night, to a whole bunch of other things.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My 9, 11, and 13 year old take turns sweeping the kitchen every night, they do laundry, vacuum and dust their own rooms, clean a bathroom (toilet and vanity, I still do the tub/showers), take out the trash, and one extra chore/week of my choosing. My 2 year old just generally helps around the house when I'm cleaning, but he doesn't have any assigned chores yet.

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Our kids daily chores are to keep their rooms clean and help with dinner chores (the 4 & 5 year old clear and set the table, the 10 year olds tidy up the kitchen and dining room after dinner). They also do additional chores if they want to earn money or TV time, which can include caring for animals, cleaning bathrooms, scrubbing things that don't get scrubbed as part of my day-to-day routine, dusting, shovelling snow, bringing in pellets for the stove, etc.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My DS is 3 and he picks up his toys in the living room, his room, and puts his clothes away. I can't really expect too much more from a 3yo.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My 4 year old feeds the cats and gives them fresh water, picks up his toys, clears his spot at the dinner table, and puts the clean silverware away.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 4:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2011