Daughter peed herself at preschool and they didn't even bother to change her.....

I sent my daughter to preschool in her undies since she has been doing good and staying dry at home and while we are out and about. She comes home and is soaked. I even sent extra clothes with her in her backpack. I called and they didn't even say sorry or anything. Just said we will check next time before sending her home. Seriously? My daughter hates being in wet clothes, how did they not know she peed herself?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would give them a pass this ONE time. If it happens again... I would be angry and talk to the director about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• ohh..sorry I didnt see your other post..the bus driver picks her up. Well..then I would say the bus driver had a duty to tell the teacher that was loading the kids up on the bus..hey this little girl is wet. Its too cold outside to be sitting around in wet clothes.:(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Maybe they did not actually know that she was wet. Teach her to alert the Teachers if it happens again. Unless they saw a wet spot on her clothes, I am sure that they don't go around feeling the childrens pants if they are 3-4 year olds, they are not infants. Maybe it happened right before she got home or on the ride home.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Did she maybe go in the car on the way home? She might have had her accident right before you got to preschool and she was afraid to say something too. That happens sometimes when kids are sad themselves that they had the accident. Sorry! Hope she continues to do well though- potty training is a tough deal!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i guess it depends on what she is wearing and when it happened. Its possible she did it just before time to leave and the teachers just had not had a chance to notice. i agree... pass this one time, but make sure DD knows to inform them if she needs a change (im assuming she is able to do this cause you said she hates wet clothes)...hopefully it wont happen again :)
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Sometimes kids are too afraid to speak up, maybe she tried to hide the fact that she had wet herself. I would talk to her about it, and let her know that it's normal to have accidents when you're out and about, but that she needs to tell her teacher so she can stay dry and clean. Then I would just alert the school to what happened, and just ask them to check on her periodically during the next few weeks by asking her more frequently if she needs to go to the bathroom, and also ask that they keep an eye open for whether she needs a change.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think if they acknowledged your concern a little more then you wouldnt feel so upset about it right now.But since they are acting like its not a big deal..its upsetting.It could be that it happend not long before you go there...if you didnt' notice it when you picked her up, chances are they just didnt know. I would start takingher to the potty when you pick her up just to make sure her little bladder is empty for the car ride home.It will be a win win all around if you do that.You will know if she peed in her pants before you got her...and you will know an accident is unlikely to happen on the way home.
    Good Luck mama :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Maybe she pee'd when she got on the bus. If the bus driver seen then he/she should have told someone.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 2:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I know that sometimes, depending on the color of pants she is/was wearing, it's hard to tell whether they are wet. Not making excuses, I would be angry as well -- I may tell them that she has a tendency to get rashes if left in wet clothing -- so please check her more often. I would let it slide this time -- definitly report it if it happens again. Also encourage your daughter to tell her teacher if she is wet.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Tell them you are paying them to do their job so do it!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2011