endometriosis and surgeries

Okay so I have endometriosis and I have tried switching my birthcontrol and several other things to help with the pain. I know one of the next steps would be surgery. I'm just not sure I want to go through the surgery to have it removed. I'm almost thinking I'd rather have a hysterectomy, but I'm also only 21. I'm kinda scared to have either one done...anyone have a nice opinion...

ramita

Asked by ramita at 1:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Health

• I had endo as well. When I was 24 I had a laprascopy and the endo was burned off, it's a simple procedure. After that I just stayed on the birth control pill and that helped alot, cept pain with intercourse, that I just had to grin and bear it. When my daughter was 1 and I was 30, I had a full hysterectomy done because I was tired of pain and knew I didn't want anymore kids, I had 2, that was enough. I did keep my ovaries at that time (a full hysterectomy means, uterus and cervix removed, has NOTHING to do with ovaries). By the time I was 36 I had my ovaries out as well, due to constant ovarian cysts that would put me on the ground every friggen month. If you don't want anymore kids but do not want surgery you can get a shot called the Depo Lupron, that will temporarily shut down your ovaries, no estrogen means NO endo...estrogen feeds endometriosis.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011