what is the best carseat for ERF?

My son is 2 1/2 years old and 25lbs and about 35 inches tall. I am looking for a great and easy carseat that is most importantly safe for him. I plant to ERF my son as long as possible. He is small for his age so that is another reason. I am looking at britax and a few others. I thought about the graco my ride 65 and read reviews and people have had problems with tightening the harness tight enough. I currently have a safety 1st air protect(the cheaper one) at babies r us and I dislike the fact it doesnt tighten tight enough. I want a carseat that is rear facing up to at least 40lbs which most do now, and harness forward facing of 65 lbs. What do you guys think? I am currently unemployed but have saved up some money to get him a great and safe seat because he deserves to be safe. but the cheaper the better for the safety. I mean like what is the difference between the cheaper britax roundabout 55 than the avocate?

djanowski775

Asked by djanowski775 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a Britax Marathon for my 15 month old and he seems to really like it. I believe it rear faces to 35 pounds and forward faces to 65 pounds. I don't have the newer model that goes to 70 pounds. My son weighs 23 pounds. I have heard good things about True Fit. I think it might go up to 35 pounds too. Try joining this group. http://www.cafemom.com/group/5739?ct=wdg_my_groups They can give you some good advice.

Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We love our Graco MyRide. It rear-faces to 40 lbs, and forward faces to 65.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 4:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011