Teething

Best remedies ?

ohhowilovemyson

Asked by ohhowilovemyson at 1:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tylenol..for baby and mama :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Counterpressure- they need something hard to bite on. My DD loved this metal key chain that I had. I assume the metal was cool on her gums when she would bite down on it. When she was really little I would let her bite down on my finger but that only worked for the first couple of teeth. If it was really bad I would give Tylenol at night to help her sleep.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Do you have one of those mesh feeders? You can put ice, frozen fruit, frozen breast milk and then let her chow down on it. You can also take a wash cloth, tie a knot in the end, wet the knot down with water and then freeze it. Then give it to her to chew on. If all else fails then tylenol or advil. If I had to give them I would only give a half dose. They don't need a lot of medicine just enough to take the edge off.
    cdnmom24

Answer by cdnmom24 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2011