Me and my Mother In Law!

Do you get along with your MIL??

I have to admit I couldn't stand my MIL when I first met her. I thought she was one of those loud, crazy, arrogant New Yorkers (Long Island)(no offense my mother grew up in the Bronx). With time our relationship changed and now we are like best friends. We talk on the phone every single day about absolutely anything. When my husband and I get into arguments she is always on my side no matter what. She can however get on my nerves, but I grew to love the woman. When she is drinking on the other hand I sometimes want to punch her in the face!!!

TamikaJovan

Asked by TamikaJovan at 1:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Youre lucky I guess lol. My mil is very uptight but I get along with her enough. My dh doesnt talk to her much and I am the one who makes sure she sees the grandkids and is involved. She can get on my last nerve though. We are basically exact opposites of one another so it is hard. I am grown up enough to know when to pick my battles so that helps.

Answer by gemgem at 1:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• lol i get along great with my mother in law, she just talks way to much and im not into talking on the phone for 3 hours lol
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 1:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i get along really well with my mil always have from the first day we meet we drank together and she even let me stay the night at her house without even knowing me that well... and every weekend i would visit too after that... we would go shoping together and we use to shop at the same stores too.. we do have our ups and downs but we love eachother dearly.. we always have laughs and it's the same with my fil me and him alway have a feild day... they both have nick names for me... but my mil has alway been ther for me she is most defently like a second mom to me i even call her mom... she even flew out to wyoming where i use to live to see the birth of her first grandson/grandchild when she hates the fact of flying... and stood for a few weeks to help me out... she really is one of the best person i know cause she does things out of her heart without wanting anything in return...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It has been a long road for my mil and myself, but yes, we get along great now.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It sounds great. But why so violent reaction to her drinking?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes we get along well.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 3:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• tootoobusy: Because she gets really annoying, would not shut up, brings up husbands ex girlfriends, acts super crazy, falls asleep anywhere, I do mean anywhere. She is an annoying drunk..
    TamikaJovan

Comment by TamikaJovan (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2011