Do you think men and women cheat for different reasons?

2boysnaprincess

Asked by 2boysnaprincess at 1:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• As a rule yes. Men generally cheat for the purpose of sex. Women cheat for emotional closeness. As with everything there are exceptions to every rule, but by and far I think that covers it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• no
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i would think so but some may do it for the same.. no compassion in the marriage from one another and they find it in someone else that makes them feel special...

i have always thought if your not happy in the relationship your in then get out you shouldn't have to cheat on them.

Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Nope. People cheat to fill a need that isn't being filled anywhere else...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think the reasons can be the same for either gender; it just depends on the person's situation.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• On the outside it would appear so...but deep down, unless the person is just a sex addict or a pig... I think men and women cheat for similar reasons. A lot of women don't realize that sex is how a man feels loved. When we have sex with them, that is when they feel cared for and all that good mushy stuff. Women need love too obviously, but we feel loved through communication and appreciation. So when a women doesn't have sex with her husband, to him it feels like a rejection of not only physical things, but emotional ones as well. So in the end, it's all about emotional needs going unmet, assuming the person is a good person who makes a mistakes rather than a horn dog. It is not justifiable in either event... I just think men and women are a lot more alike that people realize.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think everyone..no matter gender..cheat for various reasons..

I think men are capable of cheating strictly for emotional closeness..as well as woman cheating just for sex.

it depends on the person, the relationship and the situation at hand.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My personal thoughts.

No I do not believe the double standard that men and women cheat for different reasons. . Men and women do not cheat for different reasons. In most cases, people choose to cheat because of : not being happy, satisfied, fulfilled with themselves and or their marriage.  There is a need (or perceived need) that the cheater is trying to fill that isn't being filled either from within themselves or their marriage, and they are choosing to try and fill that need from an outside source.  Whether that "need" is: friendship, companionship, ego strokes, understanding/compassions, or sex.. It all boils down to not being happy, satisfied and fulfilled with themselves or their marriage, that's why there are "needs" that need taken care of and why it's needs they are trying to fill from else where.  

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Different PEOPLE cheat for different reasons
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It's generally believed men cheat for sex & women for love (emotional intimacy)., but I don't know that you could prove it.
    mamagoose524

Answer by mamagoose524 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2011