How can I help a baby with congestion?

My baby woke up today and his eyes are gooey. I know he doesn't have pink eye or anything. I know that he is congested and his sinuses are leaking... What do I do for him? Let it run it's course?

kaotikmodelmom

Asked by kaotikmodelmom at 9:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Saline nose spray and a suction bulb. Spray the saline spray in and then use the bulb to suck it all out. The nose spray will help loosen the gunk in his little nose. Also get a humidifier to put in his room at night. That can greatly help with the congestion. And Vick's makes a Baby chest rub. Rub a little on the soles of his feet and put footed pjs on him to help clear the congestion. You can also try sitting in the bathroom and letting the shower steam it up. The steam will also help loosen everything for easier suction. Unfortunately there is no medication out there anymore for babies. Just let it runs its course.

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 10:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• you can sit in the bathroom with the shower running hot - it will steam the room and you can sit in there together and it helps to break the congestion out.

Also using the salin nose drops for babies helps alot too.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 10:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It's SALINE (I forgot the "e")
    sunmoonstars

• Use some saline water, that always help. What I do for my son when he is like that, at night I put right next to his bed a mix of vics vaporub, water and oregano. But for I let it boil and then put right next to him. My son sleeps like an angel. Also there is vics vaporub baby, you should rub it on his chest back and throat. Good luck, and I hope he feels better. Also a nice tea of cinnamon and eucalyptus. My son does feel better after this.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 10:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2008