could it be possible that my 30 day old is afraid of a boob?

one of my breasts is bigger and contains a lot more milk. so much more milk that he feels the need to pull away and then we both get sprayed and he gets so upset he cries... when he laches on now he seems to want off right away..

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 1:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You might want to try pumping a bit first to get over the initial letdown. I am sure he is not scared just the flow is too fast for him at first!

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I highly doubt he's afraid of your breast, but your let down might be very strong, and that could be why he's pulling away :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It's the letdown. You can also hand express into a towel before latching.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Pump it before you nurse her. Just enough to get it down a little, so it's not so full.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• oh I know. he is doing this thing were he only feeds alittle bit and wakes up every hours of the night from like 4something until the sun comes up... and my 3 year old starts to wake up lol yyyyayyyyyyy i start to forget that one side is way crazy and needs to be pumped first and it turns into an event.
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011