What are some ideas for a second job?

Right now, I work till 3pm, and I am looking for a second job. Nothing that works through the late, late hours because I am a single mom. Any ideas for a "at home" job?

Kim370

Asked by Kim370 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• There are very few legit at home jobs. Never pay for a job and reserch it so you know it's not a scam.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Can you type? I have a friend that gets video of court proceedings through email, listens, types it up, sends back through email. It takes time, but your own time. She gets paid by the page. Do you do bookkeeping, audit? medical tranacribing? computer input? Any casinos around? You could possibly do computer input for them. They back up to flash drives, you take it home and put in the right areas.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 2:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Grocery stores are great for second jobs. They are so flexible with hours. To work from home you can look into home party companies, such as Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Miche Bags, Lia Sophia jewelry... but you would have to do parties in people's homes, so you'd have to work some nights. The good part is that a party is 1-3 hours long and you make pretty decent money on a good show. If you had a friend to watch kids while you did home parties, it could work great for you!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'm a gift basket consultant for La Bella Baskets:-) If you like more info, p.m. me with your fullname and email address:-)
    We support single moms through our baskets of hope program:-)
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have 2 jobs too. I am a chiropractor and an independent marketer for the Trump Network. It is a helath and wellness company. You can do this at home in your pare time, on the phone, on the computer or by having in homes. the best thing about in homes is that you can have your kids there. I do and so do most of our group. We not only help build each others businesses but we also become life long friends. We hae many people who have been very sucessful in the company and have left their day job. Check out their stories at ww.jointnt.net/nicolemuschett read my story and click on the testimonials on the right. If you need further assistance let me know.
    chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• There really aren't too many at home jobs because of the high demand. I suggest doing your research as well because there are so many scams!!
    However, I do work with Internet CEO Moms and I absolutely LOVE it! I am my own boss and there is no inventory, no selling, no parties, etc... There is endless support and it's been one of the best decisions I have ever made :o) I have made some really great friends doing this and I wouldn't trade it for the world! Most importantly, this allows me to be home for my son and I don't have to worry about missing any milestones. There are tons of moms that do this along side their jobs.

You can visit my site out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com and I would be more then happy to get your more information!
    Check out Internet CEO Mom's official fan page at www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com

Good luck in your search!! :o)
    ~Alyssa Maliska
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011