my sister is pregnant.

my 15 year old sister is pregnant, the father is gone. i am disappointed in her, but this is not the first time she has been pregnant. She had a miscarriage inn jan 2010. she asked me to be in the room when she has her baby, but i am afraid she wont make it through the pregnancy. i think she is going to have another miscarriage because she goes out and does what ever she wants. should i be worried about her and how can i make her understand that she needs to calm down or she will lose her child. she is 7 weeks pregnant now.

92210love

Asked by 92210love at 2:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• that's a pretty dangerous time period in regards to risk or miscarraige. have her talk to a doctor and have them explain the danger she's putting both her and the baby through. if it's really important to her that you be in the delivery room, tell her the truith. that youre worried about her safety and is she doesnt shape up you dont want to stand by and watch her hurt herself (even if you do. just try to shock her a little)
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 2:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• smack her in the back of the head and tell her if she wants to have this baby then she need to shape up... it's not a game it's life and she i messing with it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'd talk to you mother. If she miscarries....I'd slap her with an IUD or the depo shot, and then she wouldn't have that problem.

You can't make a 15 year old understand things....they're not even responsible for themselves, let alone anyone else.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• There really isn't anything you can do except be there for her. She is young and apparently imature. You don't say how old you are. I only hope the best out come for her and her baby.
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 2:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Most 15 year olds think that they already know everything, she's already pregnant for the second time, it sounds like she needs to talk to a professional. Does she want the baby?
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Honestly if she is still doing anything and everything after having a loss already there is probably not much you can do. If that didn't put a shock into her I don't know what would. I know she is young but it doesn't seem like she gets it.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• thank you guys. i am almost 20 years old. & i don't like when people are rude when they answer these questions. so if your going to be rude don't answer the question. thank you.
    92210love

Comment by 92210love (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• This is awful, but I don't think it would be so bad if she miscarried. A 15 year old who is on her second pregnancy is in NO way capable of taking proper care of a child, and is probably too selfish to give taht child up for adoption, for a couple who would do anything to raise a child. I'm so sorry, I know thats harsh, and I know that not all teen moms are irresponsible. Granted getting pregnant as a teen is very irresponsible, especially since pregnancy is easy to avoid. Alot of young girls realize their mistake and do make wonderful mommy's. But it sounds like your sister just isn't there. I really hope you can talk sense into her. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Can you find a local agency that offers teen pregnancy counseling? Maybe you can find one and go with her to the meetings. Good Luck
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Oooh and I also hope that she can break the cycle and take care of herself, its not only the baby's health that is a problem. Her health could have serious complications if she doesn't settle down while pregnant. And she's only 15 and deserves to grow up and have a good life. If anything talk about the risks to HER.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011