Rich moms

My husband is a dr, but also independently wealthy, he inherited a quite a bit of money from his parents. I've noticed that being wealthy means someone is a fake, a troll. Why is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• I
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'm not rich but I don't think that just because someone has money, they are fake.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Money does not make or break a person, it is a stigma that should not apply to all.

Answer by older at 2:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• oops, error. sorry

I think most of us are shocked, since so many of us are struggling. If a lot of us were married to a dr and uber wealthy we'd be doing alot of other things than killing time on the computer.

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think part of it is envy. People, especially in this economy, are struggling to make ends meet, so it's hard to accept someone else's fortune, maybe? So few people are genuinely comfortable financially that we have a hard time accepting that these people exist, let alone that they roam around with the likes of the mortals. Just a guess. I don't mean that to sound condescending, as our financial future is pretty bright too, but I think that's how it can feel fo some people.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• right now in my time zone it's 1:22pm. If we were wealthy I'd be swimming with my daughter, horseback riding, out to lunch, at a volunteer job, teaching my kids morals by serving lunch at an inner city school, or getting my nails done perhaps. I'd be anywhere but sitting here exhausted on the computer trying to type furiously enough to stay awake and not nap because I am so tired from errands and cleaning my own bathroom because my maid must have the day off.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yeah it might be envy. its hard to live paycheck to paycheck, praying that something big doesnt happen. Then realizing the rich dont have a clue as to how that feels. I would have a hard time going out to lunch with a rich person, when they truly cant grasp the concept of where Im coming from as a single struggling mom for so long now.
    Anonymous

• jealousy baby... that is all... dont worry about it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Having money doesn't make someone fake or a troll.... it does make some people envy what you have. With that envy comes a simple minded reaction to treat those wealthy people harshly to feel better about themselves.  What ever happened to treating others as you want to be treated? Anyway....congrats on your good fortune and may it continue!

I'm going to be rich some day! fingers crossed

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 5:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think it's envy. Honestly though, we live from paycheck to paycheck, and we don't consider ourselves poor. We have a wonderful relationship that has weathered some pretty severe financial storms, We have great kids who are healthy (for the most part). We have everything we need and can save for things we want.

We are rich, just not in money. I think most people who lash out have more problems than just not having much money.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 5:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011