schedule for baby and me

i have been trying so hard to get my 4 month old baby on a schedule, she sleeps 6 to 9 hours at a time but sometimes it isn't until 6am that she will go to bed. now i am losing my insanity from lack of sleep. any suggestions to help get her on a schedule?

92210love

Asked by 92210love at 2:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try forcing her to stay awake by like half an hour at a time until you reach a certain time of the night that'll keep her out till atleast 4am. and pushing her feedin times along with it might help. keep her entertained or give her a bath right when she's tryin to fall asleep.
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 2:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Wow, wish I could help you. Friend of mine just started from day one. She always put her kids to bed the same time every night, she did it when they were awake. They would wake up to feed, but she would feed and change the diaper and put them back down to bed. Consistancy is the key. Best of luck hun
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• What I did with all 5 of mine was to wake them up every 3 hours during the day to eat. I did whatever I needed to do to get them to stay awake long enough to get a really good feeding in. At night, I would let them sleep as long as they would. It didn't take long for them to start taking their longer naps at night, and I adjusted my daytime schedule around the flexible 3 hour feedings.

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• 6-9 hours at a time?!?!?! And she FOUR MONTHS??? I AM SO JEALOUS!!! LMBO! My son is 4 months and I'm lucky if he'll sleep 2 hours at a time. Last night..he was up at 1,2,3,3:30, 4,5,5:45 and then up for the day at 7:15....
    6-9 hours you say? you are extremely lucky,lol.Sorry..can't get over it..I'm so jealous :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• my mom said she used to strip us down to a diaper (obviously not in a cold room but in a comfortable temperature) and that that would keep us awake. I did it for my son for awhile but he fell asleep naked..he is two and loves being naked or not with alot of clothes on..so it kinda backfired on me lol. I just kept him awake as long as possible and tried to play with him as much as you can with a 4 month old especially between dinner and night time. Id take him for walks during the day nice and bundled up and the fresh air always made him pass out later and he slept longer too.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• kimberly: that is how my daughter used to be until i switched to formula. do you breastfeed? it wasn't really my choice to switch but i got an infection in my breast and had to have surgery. have you tried a bath right before bedtime? when my daughter was like that, i did that and she would sleep a little bit longer. i'm sure you've probably tried everything though.
    92210love

Comment by 92210love (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2011