I'm preg and some ppl have told me i cant be dying my hair anymore ... some say its okay! what should i do?

jess410

Asked by jess410 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, that's something you have to ask your doc. There will be conflicting answers otherwise
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i'd say talk to your doctor but i've never heard of it being ok to dye your hair. the chemicals get soaked into your skin. you ucan veen call several obgyn offices just to ask them that questioni'm sure they wont mind
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 2:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• The chemical in the dyes can be absorbed through your skin in the same way  nicotine is absorbed from a nicotine patch. Don't dye your hair.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Because of the change in your hormones..the dye won't take to your hair properly and could really end up being a disaster,lol.That and the strong fumes are probably not good to breathe in while pregnant.Some say to do little highlights is fine. But I agree, ask your doc to be sure.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It is not recommended to dye your hair during pregnancy. I have never read a hair dye box that didn't warn against it. Talk to your dr but I doubt he will okay it.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 2:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i'd wait until the second trimester atleast. i dyed my hair twice when pregnant with my 3rd. she's 1 year old now and fine. it's okay as long as you're in a very well ventilated area.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• you're fine..the only thing you need worry your needs-to-be-colored head about is ventilation. the 'dyes' do not penetrate your skin/scalp, unless you ingest them.
    not one hairdresser on this planet has ever stopped working with haircolor, or coloring her hair, because of pregnancy..not any that i've ever known, that is.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• When I was pregnant, I was told that I should not dye my hair. I refrained. But you should talk to your doctor about it.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Personally I stopped because i didn't even want to risk the baby's health. But it is a choice between you and your doctor to make.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i had the same question when i was pregnant. i called the docotrs office and they told me if i was so many weeks along i couldnt dye mine. Just cant remember how many weeks sorry. i know it was past the 20 week mark.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011