Between you and SO, who does more "work around the house"?

I thought it would be him because he is a guy and grew up in a house. My mom raised me in apartments so I never learned how to fix things around the house. But I've become a doitmyselfer since my husband seems to not know how to fix anything. Just in these last couple weeks, I've unclogged our kitchen sink and bedroom toilet, re-caulked a few cracks in the kitchen, and tightened the hinges on the kid's bathroom door. So much for having a guy around the house.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I do ALL the work around the house! LOL He works insane hours and I have a regular schedule where I am home by 4:30 every day. I cook and clean. On the weekends I do stuff outside, like mow the lawn in the summer. He does shovel the driveway when it snows, he does some laundry and occasionally picks up and/or vacummes the house.. but not often! LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My husband does most of the house cleaning
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My husband takes care of all the repair stuff. I don't even change light bulbs. I will stand by and hand them to him when he gets ready for them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I do the majority of the cleaning, but if anything needs fixing it's all him. I learned quite a bit when I was a single mom for a few years, but he has taken over all that.

Answer by missanc at 2:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I do by choice.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 2:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I do everything except repair stuff. He will do it unless he is having trouble then we call my dad
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• he does it but he asks my how because my dad owned apartments and would pay me to help him fix them. i can do it all but i wont. not without pay... not talking unclogging toilets i am talking fixing drywall and stuff... my dh is so amazingly handy for being self taught.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I do all the cleaning.He is supposed to do the repairs, but whatever needs it is still waiting.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think my husband does more around the house..with the lawn and the fixing of things and the snow.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I do 99.9% of everything around here... Dh does the seasonal work, ie.. outside windows, digging up my garden,
    washing the outside of the house and any heavy type of work/moving things... I don't mind, I know that if I do it, it
    will get done in a timely fashion and the right way...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2011