Baby Shower???

i had my twin daughters a little over 3 years ago. and my moms sitting here telling me im not going to have a baby shower for my son? is that normal?

yousomedicated9

Asked by yousomedicated9 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have always found it odd for someone to have a second baby shower... But it would depend on the circumstances. Like a woman I used to work with found out she was pregnant with her third kid when her youngest was already 12. We threw her a shower because it had been so long we knew she needed baby stuff. But since you had twins, and not more than 4 years ago some people might find it greedy.
    caramia27

Answer by caramia27 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• In a lot of places they would just to it for your first. But, hey I told my husband and my sisters that I do want a second baby shower whenever I get pregnant again. Maybe just talk to your hubby and tell him that you want a baby shower!!!! I don't see anything wrong with it. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It's traditional to not have a baby shower for your second (or in your case, third) baby.

BUT!

It's 2008, let's go ahead and throw tradition to the wind, shall we? I think you should have one if you want, especially because you're having a boy this time. I'm sure you want some blue boy stuff now, right? Your little boy won't look right dressed in pink and frills, lmao. Your mom might just be one of the tradionalists...sorta like my mom. We went round and round about my baby showers until she finally gave up all control over it and let other people plan them for me. (I'm having three for my baby because of family issues, more food for me =3 haha).
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I thought you only had one for the first baby/babies, then you just used the stuff for the second and so on. My mom had showers when she had me at 22, then got pregnant with my little sister 15 years later and had another one because it had been so long and she didn't have ANY baby stuff. But, it is totally up to you! If there are things you need then I would have one.
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 10:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I am pregnant with my second and not having a baby shower. I'm just using the stuff people already bought me for my first daughter. My family has bought me some little things like outfits for the baby, but none of the big stuff.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• What I have heard is that its okay to have a second shower if its been like 10 years between babies or its more than one baby like twins or triplets. I think its okay to have a celebration for the second baby but I wouldnt register or ask for gift. Just a party. But thats my opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I think it would be ok, especially since you're having a boy and you'll need boy clothes and stuff, even if you don't need all the big stuff (besides, the clothes and such are the things people love to by anyway). If someone wants to throw you a shower, or you want one, then go for it, and anyone who doesn't agree with it doesn't have to go.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• There's defintley a new trend in 2nd baby showers, I have been to a few they were called "Sprinkles" ... I duno depending on when you had your last one, Id say havinging 2 showers within 5 years of eachother is a bit greedy... But, hey if your friends/ or family OFFER then, go for it. Or throw one for yourself, but just dont ask for the BIG stuff, regster for clothes, diapers, and essentials..
    Acavs

Answer by Acavs at 11:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i think ever baby needs celebrated even if it is just a diapers and wipes shower
    gracelynmommy

Answer by gracelynmommy at 12:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It is NOT greedy, especially if you're having a different gendered baby. "Tradition" = pooey...

srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2008