Is frozen food left out at room temperature ok to stick back in the freezer/fridge?

I went to the store and got sidetracked when I got home and saw that there was a bag of chicken nuggets and a carton of eggs sitting in the floor. I had been home about 2 hours maybe a little longer. They were in separate bags so they weren't keeping eachother cold. And the nuggets are a little squishy. Are they still ok to eat? I know the rules would say to throw them away, but if they aren't going to hurt us, then I don't want to throw away that much food. And honestly, they will get eaten by the people that go through the dumpsters in our complex.

ColeParkerMason

Asked by ColeParkerMason at 2:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think the chicken nuggets are dinner and I would boil the eggs and use for develed eggs, salads etc.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i would bake them till crispy and THEN put them in the fridge... just to be sure if some bacteria was growing... it would be dead... and the eggs... idk... crack one open... does it stink - if not it is fine. just remember - dont keep them till the expiration date.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• The eggs are ok. Not sure I would trust the nuggets. If thawed and refrozen, they probably won't turn out good when cooked.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 2:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I asked this question myself awhile back about the chicken and someone in here told me to never refreeze the chicken once it thaws. Thats why everyone is suggesting cooking it tonight and then you can freeze the leftovers
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• never freeze something that's already been defrosted. They will be fine if you cook them right away just remember to cut the time down. The eggs are totally fine. Back in Europe they don't even refrigerate those things.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• The eggs are definitely fine - I leave mine at room temp all day when I bake. The nuggets...I've done that before, and thrown them in the freezer. Nothing happened to us.
    Anonymous

• your fine
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2011