Is Lamaze a good idea?

Should I find a Lamaze class or try something else? Thanks!

July31Baby

Asked by July31Baby at 2:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I took a lamaze class with my first..I did find it very helpful and it allows your partner to be involved as well. Teaches you many relaxation techniques.I enjoyed it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It depends on what type of birth you want to have. Although I do think that some form of childbirth class is useful.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think a childbirth education class is a good idea. I don't think it really matters what kind - the ones offered by my hospital were a mix of all different styles, but mostly they gave us a step by step idea of exactly what was going to happen when: what the stages of labor were, what might help at that time, etc. They also went over different type of pain relief available and the pros/cons of each - very helpful!

Answer by missanc at 2:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We did a set of four classes that were basically "baby bootcamp" class (LOL). One was for the actual birth process (similar to lamaze, I assume), one was for breast feeding, one was a daddy class (IDK exactly what he learned from it though!), and the last was a new born baby class. They were all really worth the time and money, very informative for first time parents.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• thanks for the info!
    July31Baby

Comment by July31Baby (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes,Lamaze is great for you when pregnant.Do it all the way through!
    ImKristen

Answer by ImKristen at 3:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Lamaze was really helpful to me. I think it's a good idea to sign up for some of these preparenting classes.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would recommend some sort of classes. I did Lamaze and it really got me through (only one shot of something with my 1st, without any meds at all with my second). I recently went as a coach with a friend (it wasn't Lamaze). It was a 2 day (couple hour) thing put on by the hospital. It was so fast I doubt many of the ladies got much out of it. The thing that struck me was how LITTLE some of the moms knew. Read eveything you can and find a quality class, you won't regret it....
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 4:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011