would you ever...

throw your kids into a bubble bath when there dirty and just use the bubbles to get them clean? maybe wipe them down with a suddsey poof/wash clouth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• Would I ever? I do it pretty much every time she gets a bath- lol! I mean, the bubbles I use are the same as the soap I would use. I put the bubbles in, let her play for a bit, wash her hair with soap (not just the bubbles) and then wipe her down from head to toe and finish with her bottom. Especially because it is winter she isn't really getting that dirty or smelly or anything like that, and she has really sensitive skin, too. I find this works fine for us and I consider my DD to be nice and clean after bath time.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yup, most of the dirt will "soak" off anyway. I do wipe her down with a wash cloth and wash her hair of course. But the bubble bath does most of it while she is playing (unless she got real sticky from something)
    :)
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 3:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My boys loved to have bubble baths, and what we do is let them 'soak' and play, and then when they are tired of that hubs or I would still soap them down with baby wash and clean 'em up.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I guess I sort of don't understand the question maybe?

What I do:

throw my kid into a bubble bath and let them play/splash for about 15 minutes
    then I add a little more soap/bubbles and refresh the water hot again
    15 minutes later I was their hair, condition their hair, and if necessary use a scrubber on their nails
    we drain the water immediately and they stand, and I use the pull down hose of the shower head

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i would give my children a real bath as i would give myself
    ssettlemires

Answer by ssettlemires at 3:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I fill the tub up and use the johnsons baby wash to put bubbles in the water, i do use the bubbles too on the loofa or washcloth..i mean its all soap right?
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I do it most nights. I use the Johnsons baby wash as the bubbles so it is the soap I would use anyway!! You use the rag to get the dirt off that doesn't soak off, so as long they get their hair washed regularly, keep at it!!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 6:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011