Does using garlic vaginaly work to rid one of GBS?

Yes it does, Just wanted to let you know :) I posted that ? last week and got a lot of crap for it. I have been using garlic vaginaly and went from moderatly colonized to NEGATIVE, Thankl God now I don't have to weaken my baby's immune system with the use of antibiotics!!! Oh and yes, it kept the vampires away as well!!!! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Garlic certainly does have antibiotic properties, isn't it amazing! Another use, for those interested, is to help ear infections. You basically saute some garlic in olive oil then strain it, let it cool to a warm temp, and use the oil as ear drops. Of course, should symptoms worsen, you should see a doctor for a medical antibiotic, and OP, if you re test and end up pos, you might want to consider the medical treatment rather then a holistic approach. I applaud you for trying to go about things the natural way.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• What is GBS?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• group b strep
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• DARNIT!  Keep that secret to yourself!  How are the rest of us going to fight off the vampires if all of the garlic is gone?!  How DARE you!  Okay, I wasn't trying to give YOU crap on your last post, I just got hit with the giggles and didn't control myself. I wasn't actually making fun of YOU.  I'm SERIOUSLY happy that it worked and good for you!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Hmmm....I'm a medical professional and I've never heard of garlic having antibiotic properties. Do you have any references to back up your claim? I'd be interested in reading that. Sure it's not just coincidence?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• that;s very interesting...I had GBS when I was pregnant and had to take antibiotics :( didn't know about the garlic trick!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I bet your DH loves that! LOL but if it worked, good for you & thanks for sharing! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Im a medical professional as well :) and i don't care that I've never heard of it, just think it's cool that it works! :) sometimes the things that really work, they keep out of the medical field :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• http://www.minnesotabirth.com/pregnancy-and-birth/274-gbs-with-hibiclens
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• There are so many articles on the antibiotic properties that garlic carries, Allixin...But also garlic is a homeopathic remedy for ridding one of gbs... Doctors typically study MEDICINE, not homeopathic remedies. But their are plenty of studies done on it, Google them..And yes my DH is quite happy that we won't have to pay over $400.00 for the antibiotics during labor, the 4 cents on the clove of garlic was a much better price for our pocket books :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011