For those of you who broke your water before labor...could you feel it happening?

What I mean is...did you know a few seconds before...did it feel sharp or hurt or feel like nothing at all...just wet?

I am just wondering....my girly is pushing down so hard in my lower belly and making a sharp quick pain from time to time....keep wondering if she could break her water that way....I am almost 39 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had no warning. Just a splash!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No warning here either. I had a lot of pressure too and thought I had gone pee on myself,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• she cant only when your bag is soft can it break but when it does its a huge gush of water (not movie style) but deffinitly noticable and youll be in labor before then anyway so any sharp pains that lead to water gushing its time to be in a hospital bed!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 3:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I was napping and had a really bad cramp...then it was warm and wet....then I left a trail of water all the way upstairs to take a shower, then to the car, then to the hospital :) you may have plenty of time after the water breaks...I was told no rush when it does...so that's why I took a shower :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I was asleep with no warning I was soaked. I thought I had an accident for a split second. Mine was "running" for hours. At first I would'nt go to the hospitol because I was stuck on the toilet than I piled towels under me on the way to the hospitol. I still soaked through them and stained the seat.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 3:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No I could not feel it happening.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 3:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No warning - I was asleep. I woke up and thought that I must be peeing myself (it wasn't much, but enough to notice). But when I went to the bathroom, I just couldn't stop "peeing"!! I was dumb enough to be confused for a while... then realized "Oh, my water must have broke." I also just stuck a towel between my legs and went to the hospital.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Woke up, went pee, came back to bed and thought I hadn't finished. Called the Dr., took a shower and went to the hospital wearing a couple pads. No drama.....
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 3:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Wow....seems like it happens to women who are sleeping :) Maybe i need a nap :) lol lol lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Woke up, knew I had to go, couldn't get to bathroom fast enough. It trickled out.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2011