For those already or about to be impacted by the blizzard...

Did you make any preparations? We have food and blankets on hand, but our local news has been bringing me special updates all day on the local grocery store, its chaos out there! I've lived in northwest ohio my entire life, we get snow... it happens... and it never ceases to amaze me how many people freak out when snow is mentioned.

Whether you made special preparations or not, what are you forecasted? We're suppose to get 11" of snow with up to an inch of ice, we'll see if that really happens.

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh wow, good luck. As long as you dont loose the internet..lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It's funny to see people buying blankets because of snow storm...didn't they have blankets before? I don't get it, lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I live in Indiana, I have seen the reports also.  We have plenty of food, blankets, etc. already so we're good on that end.  Walmart is PSYCHO VILLE today!  This guy actually screamed at a woman because she took the last battery in the size HE needed!  Crazy, crazy.  We aren't any more prepared today than we were yesterday.  Food, check.  Blankets, check.  Clean warm clothing, check.  We see this once a winter, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I live in Wayne County Ohio and I dont freak out about it. I'm so sick of hearing people whine and say its cold...REALLY? It's winter...it's how it is in Ohio. Lol. Im just glad my son wont have school cuz it's my day off work:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I live in Indiana, I went to the grocery store yesterday (normal shopping trip) but it was madness in there. I am the same amount prepared that I always am. It will be bad for a day or two and then it will be back to business as usual.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I live in Wisconsin and we are due for 2 feet by Wednesday morning. : ) It's all good, I got what I need - - well besides milk so I will need to make that one stop tonight but otherwise I'm good. May not be getting outta driveway come Wednesday but it's okay - - snow day for me and the kids - - - at least we are all hoping! LOL
    rebeccan3

Answer by rebeccan3 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I live in Michigan and we are calling for 8-12". I haven't been to the store today but I will probably stop and get gas tonight on my way home.... other than that I have food and wood for the fireplace if needed. I pray it doesn't come, but if it does - oh well......
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 4:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We live in NW NJ, were are predicted to get 8-12" of snow with 1/2" of ice on top of that. The only "preparations" we'll make is to pick up a bottle of wine =).
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My husband follows Weather forums with meteorologists so we tend to get the 'news' of these storms before they are ... I guess advertised is a good word.. forecast is better...

For 4 years we lived in the Shenandoah Mountains of Virginia from the Summer of 2006-the summer of 2010.

Last winter (2009-2010).. we got a grand total of 96 inches by the time winter ended. One storm alone dropped 37 inches on us.

The steps my husband took were. ... getting bread, making sure we had plenty of food (and entertainment)... also....

He got plenty of gas for the generator in case of power outage which is common with these storms and we had also decided that if a power loss were to happen, we would all camp out in the living Body heat and warmth and all that. But also, my son totally FREAKS OUT when we lose power.

We had plenty of blankets/sleeping bags/more blankets. (C)
    Randomosity2

Answer by Randomosity2 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• (c)
    We don't go nuts and buy gallons of water/milk or tons of loaves of bread....Especially since ya know milk spoils.

Around these parts (I live in South Eastern NC now)... even the faintest whisper of snow freaks everyone around here totally out.

I have never seen the shelves of bread and milk at Walmart clear as fast as I have down here for something as simple as 'flurries'
    Randomosity2

Answer by Randomosity2 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011