are u having a hard time putting food on the table

ust wondering...this is the second week we r having to live on ramen...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Food & Drink

• geez, that sucks...that stuff is not healthy, but I understand you have no choice...are you struggling with bills or unemployment?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes, we are. I know you may not like to do this, but, you can go to dollar general, family dollar, dollar tree, or something and buy food and save.Go to a church and they will help you also. Its what its there for, for hard times.Go to a food bank. Don't live off ramen, it isn't healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• We will be in the same boat in a few weeks! Call social services and they can give you a list of food banks in your area. Also I found out a couple of days ago that you can do a seach online for food banks or churches in your area that offer assistance to low income families. PM me and I will try to help find services in your area.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Have you considered going to a food bank? Ramen is really unhealthy. A food bank, or even a church, can help you have decent, nutritious food to tide you over. I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter and we went to the food bank in Minneapolis...they gave us a turkey! (It was November, like now). They also gave us soups, vegetables, cereals, produce, cheese. It really helps.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes, allot of people are. I have been buying those betty crocker complete meals in Alfredo and we also like the chicken pot pie. A bag of pinto beans don't cost allot and its better than ramon.
    Anonymous