• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone seen my figure!?

Okay, I am a young mom, 17 on Nov. 30th. My daughter is almost months, and because I am so young, it is really awkward for me to have all of these stretch marks, I love my daughter, and I love knowing that they are lines of love and what not, but ...im 17 and would look like a zebra if I were to ever wear a bikini again. I suppose I am just whining lol but I have heard that tanning helps them, is this true? and if not, how can I get my skin back lol Im a zebra!! No joke, I have stretch marks all the way down to my calves, and I didnt gain more than normal, I started at 120-125, got up to 156, and I am now, as of yesterday 121, so is god just telling me to be happy with one baby or what lol.

Brandi

cherishmommy08

Asked by cherishmommy08 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Mine are still bright. I do feel for you though...I don't care what age you are, it stinks to not be able to wear a bikini since you obviously have taken care of your fitness. My mother was 4'11" and about 90lbs when she got pregnant with twins and it completely wrecked her body with stretch marks and loose skin...She takes great care of her body and will never be able to wear a bikini again after the babies. I guess it is a small thing to give up.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• sealed lip

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Unfortunately, I have not heard of a treatment to totally eliminate stretch marks. I know there are some laser treatments out there that claim to lighten them... however they are costly and, again, the results are unknown. It sounds like you've gotten back to your starting weight and I would venture to guess that you may have sound some things have changed and moved around and well.. maybe your favorite pair of jeans do not fit anymore... if you are anything like me... it is somewhat dissapointing, but well worth it! My only advice is to stay healthy in diet and exercise and in time those blemishes will fade.
    madlyinlove412

Answer by madlyinlove412 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• As you know, tanning is EXTREMELY dangerousand the risks certainly are not worth the rewards in my opinion... so hang in there, it will get betterr with time. Plus there are some REALLY CUTE bathing suits out there that will be totally appropriate to splash around with your little one with. Plus the ultra tiny bikinis will betoo risky to wear when you are running after her anyway! Hang in there - many women would love to wear those "badges of honor"!
    madlyinlove412

• Tannin makes them darker and once the tan fades from the unstretched area your marks look a whole lot worse. They will fade over time. If your belly has a lot of loose skin it will be hard to ever get into a bikini again no matter how much you work out. I suggest getting comfortable in your new body. You will see progression...very slow progression. I got a lot of marks with my 1st too (had her 3 1/2 years ago) and my marks have faded dramatically from birth. Just give it time:) Take care of your skin. Vitamin E is really good for it. And I highy suggest Curel Pregnancy and Motherhood for your whole body. Keeps my skin moisturized all day with no greasy feeling.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i think all you can do is wait for them to eventually fade into your skin. all that will happen is that they will get lighter. i'm 19 myself, and gave birth a few months ago.. i hate my stretch marks too. XD
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 11:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Thanks everyone, yes I know tanning isnt the best idea, nor do I care to spend my money that way haha but was just wondering, I am happy being pale hehe but how long did it take for the brown line to fade, the one from your belly button down, mines still there, and I dont mind it, just wondering if its going to fade haha, I also did try to use the whole cocoa butter stuff, but the smell just about killed me so that wasnt of much help during pregnancy lol
    cherishmommy08

Answer by cherishmommy08 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• from what I've seen on other people, tanning doesn't help at all.

I'm a pasty white girl :) like blindingly pale skin and my stretch marks are hardly noticable.

yep, I look really funny at the beach but you know what, at least I won't have skin cancer when I'm older. I don't tan well at all, I burn then peel back to pasty white.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Oh and on the side note, from being so sleep deprived I have lost my counting abilities haha, my daughter is almost 5months not 6 haha
    cherishmommy08

Answer by cherishmommy08 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• using an exfoliating product really helped my brown line fade. I used a sugar scrub and a loafa.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2008