Anyone else think this is crazyy

My daughter is a junior in highschool. She goes to a technical highschool and takes up cosmetology. Her class is a class full of 20 girls. 2 of those girls have babys. The one girl has a two year old son. The other girl's son turned one last week...turns out this girl just had yet an other baby boy just this saturday! One baby yeah im not saying its right but its more acceptable then 2 babies! Anyone else think this generation is reproducing wayyy to early?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Definitely.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Every previous generation has said that about the ones after them. Having kids young is nothing new.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Parents don't care!!! It is sad!!! R they not having sex education classes about not having sex while u r still a child yourself!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes, this generation is having kids way too early but they are also showing they are still capable of making something of themselves and continue their education even with the stress of a child.

Answer by older at 4:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Absolutely! There were some kids who had babies while my daughter was in high school but as I look through the facebook of these kids there are a huge amount of them now, instead of going to college and getting a good degree and job they are all having babies. No wonder we have so many people on PA
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No, I don't. I don't see an issue with teens having children. Many of them take better care of their babies than older mothers do, and of course many do not. Mothers are mothers regardless of age, but young mothers have the ability to stay up all night and still go to work without passing out. They have the energy and the health to care for their kids ALL DAY, while many older mothers do not. Is having a baby at a young age easy? No of course not, but it's not any easier at an older age. I was 22 when I had my oldest, and could I go back and have him sooner I would have. There is no reason that a baby has to end a woman's schooling or job. And the human body is MADE to have children at those ages. If anything the issue is that we assume teens are less capable than women in their 20s, 30s or 40s...

And just for the record, my GRANDMOTHER, was married at 16 and had her oldest at 18... And that was nearly 50 years ago...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Parents need to teach their kids that there is more to do than have sex. And there is more to look forward to in their future than just being a parent.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• at 13 yes but my grandmother was married at 15 and had her first at 17 its alot more common than some people seem to think its sad but its true.
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 4:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Those girls made their choices and are still going to school and taking care of the lives those choices resulted in...good for them! not every teen mother steps up and responds admirably under such cercomstances and the ones that do should be applauded imo
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I do think it is horrible that there are soooo many teen moms out there.

I really dont mean to sound rude but I think that she will see more and more of this being that she is not in a traditional h.s. but a trade school SO young. Im sure it is hard for a teen mom to get the education needed to be a full functioning adult and will be behind most of thier life. Probably not caught up to the others until they are much older. Being that most teens only have to deal with themselves and not a whole other life. Your child is in a class that would attract those not on a traditional track..... hope she stays strong and is not infulance negitively by it.
    Anonymous