what should i do??

yesterday was my sons birthday he had a great one! He was surrounded by so many friends and family, but it just breaks my heart that my dad did not call for his birthday. My son turned two and my father has yet called for any of them. My son is the oldest grandchild and the closest to him, since the other two live in germany. My father quit talking to me after chirstmas last year a month before my sons first birthday. It just really stings to think that he is that selfish. I have done nothing to him to upset him and i have no idea what he has quit talking to me. He told my grandma two weeks ago if i texted my step-mom then he would try to mend things. Well i was like whatever so i texted her she told me that we all needed to sit down and talk. So i still havent heard another thing from them since then, but what really pisses me off is when i looked at an old friend of mines facebook and my step-mom left all kind of comments telling her child happy birthday. She leaves comments on her facebook telling her how beautiful he is, but there own grandchild they could careless about seeing. UHHHHH they live less then 10 min from my house. I wanna just say screw it but i dont want my child growing up thinking he was never good enough for them to care about. what should i do just stick around see what happens, try and do something about it, or just say screw it im done??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd try mending things with your dad and step mom. I understand its hard to be the one to make the first step but your doing it for your children's sake. Since your SM has already said you all need to sit and talk go ahead and try setting something up with her and your dad. If they put off the talk then I'd say screw it. I'd stop actively trying to get in touch and leave it up to them. It seems like you've been trying. You've made the necessary steps to get in touch and if they don't cooperate then it's on them. Good luck!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• work it out u and ur son need him in ur lifes!!
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 5:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011