What do i do?

Ok so my DD is now 3 my bedroom life is is now down to nothing im so tired me an my hubby is jus taking turns an passn out when we can. When she falls asleep if not already in her bed we take her to bed so we go get laid down an she is awake. One of us go back to her room put her back to sleep. Then about 30 min. She is up agian. An refuses to go back to sleep unless she is in our rm or i rock her. I give in a do what i can to keep her happy an not screaming cause sissy has school. So basicly last night we put her to sleep she got up put back to sleep she woke up. I had to rock her till 4:30am cause daddy fell asleep cause he had to work a 24 so i get to sleep an back up at 6:30 to get sissy off to school. Laid back down didnt get up till 1:30 when she did gee this is crazy. Any help plz. How to get her to stay in bed asleep. Oh ps. Yes she has the night light favorite stuff in her bed. Nothing is working !!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You put her to bed and stay in the room while she tries to sleep- no talking.if she gets up put her back to bed .this will try on your patience,but she will finally get the idea,you are not going to back down period.saw the nanny do this for 2 children in the same room and it took a couple of night but finally all was fine.Good Luck!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• try a schedule at night maybe start on a friday night so she can get it down. My sons is dinner, bath, play, maybe a book or lil tv. Then we put him to bed close the door and let her cry it out she will eventually learn your not coming in their to get her. This will make for a long night but will get easier i promise. Good luck
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 4:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You are going to have to resolve to a handful of difficult and possibly sleepless nights in order to correct this. You need to continually return her to her room, despite her unhappiness. Tell her that she is to stay in her room but give her no other interaction. Just keep returning her to her bed every single time she gets up. Don't rock her, don't let her in your room and don't give in! She's playing you because she knows that she just needs to out-wait your patience to get what she wants.

After 3 or 4 nights of continually doing this, she will learn that it doesn't work and she'll start to stay in her own room. It's tough, but it's really the only thing that going to work. Either that or resign yourself to another 10 years of it. By the time she's a teenager, she won't want to sleep with you anymore!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Watch Nanny on ABC - Friday night.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Honestly I think both my kids went through this sort of stage.... You could try some 'white noise' in the background... Another thing that may help your daughter relax for bedtime is to get some of that Johnson's and Johnson's Bedtime Bath (it's lavender scented and a completely holistic and natural way to induce relaxation for sleep.

Also, establishing a routine you stay consistent with at bedtime... such as... Dinner-Bath-Bedtime Story- both you and your husband saying goodnight and love yous.... and shut the door. She might cry a bit but it'll pass.

However if sleep continues to be a problem, I would suggest you discuss it with your pediatrician.. and see what they suggest.
    Randomosity2

Answer by Randomosity2 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011