Shoot I only have one loaf pan I made 2 loaves worth of dough!

can I do one free on a pan or can I do one loaf after the other? Can I do both loafs at once in a 8x8 glass pan? (Okay that's along shot but hey) Can I do one on a pan and one in the loaf pan at the same time? What do I do here.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You can cook one on a cookie sheet or pizza stone at the same time as the one in the loaf pan.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You could make rolls with one loaf worth. Just separate the dough into golf ball sized sections and bake with the other loaf. Either that or I would bake them one at a time.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 4:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You can put one in the fridge until after the other one is baked. Form some aluminum foil into a loaf pan, round or oblong and place on a cookie sheet.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Either bake one another another or mold one loaf and put it in a casarole dish that's just slightly bigger then a loaf pan.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I do the same thing. With the extra I make cheese rolls, or cinnamon rolls, or knots. You got me thinking! I am going to do cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing for dessert tonight!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 5:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Okay good I have options! My DH is usually the baker and would have read ahead in the recipe and cut it in half! lol!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• @ Noosa I tried cinnamon rolls once ad failed miserably! I couldn't get the dough to rise well and then the filling cooked out and they were hard as rocks! I think my yeast was old though. I need to try them again.

I ended up doing one in the loaf pan and one on a pizza dish braided. They both turned out beautiful!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• freeze the other one

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011