if a man offers to listen to your marital problems....is that bad news?

here's the story. my husband and i have been married for two years, known eachother for 7 or 8 since highschool. we have 3 kids together. we've been having a lot of issues in our marriage though. distance seems to be the biggest problem. even when we have a sitter, all he wants to do is watch tv til 8 or 9 and then go to bed. where as i want to go out and hang out with friends since we never have that opportunity anymore. all of our friends are mostly mutual, since weve known eachother so long. the i love you's, real kisses and hugs are few and far between these days. well one night a couple of weeks ago we had a sitter, he chose to have a guy's night and i went out with some other friends. a guy ive known since highschool was there, a close friend to both of us and his friend, who ive met before and only seen a few times here and there whenever he's with my other friend. anyway the few times ive hung out with him without my husband around, which is like 2 or 3 times in the past month, ive found myself becoming really attracted to him. and i think its just something ive dreamed up because of the lack of affection i get at home. anyway the guy knows some of our problems through my friend. he told me if i ever want to i can talk to him about it, if im comfortable. of course since my hormones are raging at this point my attraction for him is growing even deeper by that comment. so does this mean its time to distance myself from this guy, seeing as how i need to figure out my own marriage and not let emotions get in the way? or is this guy probably just trying to be a genuine friend and give me a listening, unbiased ear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• There is NO reason to air your dirty laundry with another man... ever.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• He wants to get in your pants. Get away quick before you make a big mistake.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• keep your marital problems between you and a therapist, if you need to you can talk to family, other than that you are asking for trouble.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• if you need to talk to someone about your marital issues a single atractive male friend who is offering to be your shoulder is the LAST place you need to go for it...find someone safer to talk things out with even if all this guy wants to do is be a friend things can easily go way to far way to fast
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You should never discuss your marriage with other men. I would suggest ignoring the other man and focusing on rebuilding your marriage. Are you putting in 100% effort?
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 4:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Recipe for a disaster.
    Anonymous

• Even if he is just trying to be a friend the fact that you said you are attracted to him means you should run the other way. Deal with your marriage with your husband not a guy you find yourself interested in you are just asking for trouble. Good luck!

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Come on you already know the answer to this don't you..If you want to work on your marriage then talk to your husband not another man.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You shouldn't discuss your marital problems with an outsider, unless it's with a counselor. That is disrespectful to your husband and you are headed for trouble.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• well i kind of gently told the guy thanks but no thanks. that its a lot of drama i dont want to involve him in. im just unsure of his motives behind it. he seems like the type of guy who would respect marriage vows though. and yes i am trying with my husband. i have tried everything to rekindle our relationship. it just seems to be wasted efforts.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011