What is the best way to announce a pregnancy in a professional office?

I just found out I am about 6 weeks pregnant. I have only been in my current position for about six months, after being promoted from a position I was in for three years (I have been with the company for 3.5 years total, and have proven myself through the time). I know I am going to wait at least another 6-8 weeks to make the announcement, but what is the best way to go about it? I have three direct supervisors, and I plan on doing it in a meeting with them.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just tell your boss he/she NEEDS to know then you can just do whatever you plan!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 4:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Tell your boss(es) and then that's it. I think it's fairly unprofessional in an office to "announce" your pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• LOL, I meant announce, as in to them - my supervisors. I only have one other person in my office - my assistant - so telling her isn't that big of a deal!

I just have read that I should have an "action plan" so to speak, and I'm not sure the best way to go about it. Anyone have experience with this?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2011