paying attention

how can i get my 4yo to have more of an attention span? when trying to work with her on something i cant seem to keep her attention for long beforeshe starts to get off track. how can i legthen that time span with her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Their attention span isn't long to start with. How much time are you talking about and is it something fun? That's why someone invented the ABC song, it's more fun than just saying it. That's why stories have pictures, to look at and make up your own story. Make it fun.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 5:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• well she is in the prek program at our local school and they say that she doesnt have as long of an attention span as the rest of the kids and that it should be at least 10 to 15 mins. so just trying to get some suggestions to help her focus more.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have a 3 year old with the same issue, literally a 1 minute attention span IF that.. I dont' know what to do either.. my preschool teacher and I both are trying to be creative but so far... no luck either
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011