well im 4 month pregnant now and i wanted to know is it okay to take a bath still i dont know what i should do and what i should not do my mom did everything when she had me i know u cant drink or smoke and all that but just little thing id like to know about adult content

dory1990

Asked by dory1990 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Health

• Yes you can take a bath, as long as the water isn't too hot (the problem is that it can raise your body temp and harm you/the baby).
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Agreed on the bath, you can take one you just want to keep it warm not scalding hot, and same with showers- don't take really hot, really long showers. I'm trying to remember the other things you aren't supposed to do. I remember that you should stay away from lunchmeats and soft cheeses (feta, blue cheese) because they can be contaminated with listeria which can harm the baby- I think it's rare but it does happen. And avoid caffeine, especially early on in the pregnancy. Maybe someone else has a better memory than me but that's about all I can think of other than the obvious stuff- no drinking, smoking, no crazy strenuous exercise. Kind of just the commom sense stuff. And listen to your body, if you suspect something is wrong don't be afraid to call your doctor even after hours, that is why they are there and that is why they make the big bucks! :) Best of luck, Mama!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Make sure you only pasterized dairy products. Warm up deli meat such as ham ,turkey and hotdogs too. Lysteria is the cause for comern...just google lysteria. I have heard don't eat tuna and I also was told to eat tuna. I didn't eat it I just took omega 3. Vitamin. Don't take hot showers/bathe. Drink lots of water ..I think the recommendation is 8 glasses but you can never drink too much :) this caalso prevent uti infection. Good luck mama!
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 5:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I second the idea about the tuna. I was told to be very cautious with seafood. I was also told to be cautious with any canned foods. I know that you can't have every meal fresh and healthy when you're pregnant, possibly working, and tired all the time. But it's good to cut back on the excessively processed foods like canned goods and boxed meals. If anyone in your family has a history of diabetes or gestational diabetes, it's a good idea to cut back on sodium and simple carbs. If there's no risk of that, you may not even need to think twice about having a brownie or two.
    Best wishes!
    akraut

Answer by akraut at 5:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes it is perfectly safe to take a bath through out your pregnancy.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• go to the bookstore or Amazon and get "What to Expect while you're Expecting" its the one and only true pregnancy bible. They even have what to expect the first year, the toddler years, the preschool years, school years. I have them all and still use them for reference.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011