Shaun T's Insanity workout..does it work?

Has anyone ever tried the Insanity workout that is on tv? I want to try it and just curious if anyone ever has or knows of any other really good workout videos. I used to do classes at the gym and loved them now I live too far from a gym to do this.

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 5:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I lost 12 lbs and 2" when I did it. I started at 130 lbs and when it was over 60 days later, I was 118 lbs and a size 0. I've since lost another 8 and gotten to my goal weight.

It is NOT for beginners. I am a runner and it kicks my tail every time I do it. I LOVE it! It is the BEST workout I've ever done...hands down.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My husband does Insanity and he has a very nice body, it definitely works. I feel bad for him though.. its a crazy work out! I would NEVER be able to keep up! Good luck!
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 5:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have a friend that does it and she has lost a ton of weight.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Try Turbo Jam if you want something that has "beginner" options, but that's effective and fun.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It's very intense and not for beginners. If you're already in pretty good shape and looking for a butt-kicking challenge, then it may be the right workout for you. But just like any super-vigorous workout, yes you will lose weight if you are consistent.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• So...what do you guys suggest for beginner that will be as effective? I mean I have worked out but it's been a while.
    huntin_mama

Comment by huntin_mama (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Never tried it
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• don't know... never tried it
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Never tried it.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011