Why is he being like this?

My boyfriend has been incarcerated for the majority of our relationship & I chose to stick by his side so about a week ago I get this letter and one of the questions he asked was What are my plans for him when he gets home so instead of coming out with demands i told him what i expect & he took it has me trying to control his life, & push him into things he doesn't want to do and I also shared how I was feeling and what I would hope to have in the future and he just exploded he didn't call me for a week and then he calls today and says that he thinks that I am trying to blackmail him, and all this other bs and i just don't know what to say i am appalled help advice anything just no bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• WHY IS HE SCARED? HE'S GOT A BOSSY MOM ?
    He kind of set you up, cause first he asked you about your plans, and then he criticizes you for having plans.

1. He seems immature. Is he under 21?
    2. Maybe his parents, esp. mom is demanding and he feels pressed anyway, and he fears that you, as a woman figure in his life, may turn into his mom.

Trust me girl, he's the kind of man that the more you ignore him, the more he will stick like a chewing gum under your shoes !
    He fears intimacy, and I believe that his mom is related to these fears.

Soooo, enjoy life, go to the Gym, go out with your friends, play video games, have fun, do ANYTHING that will keep you away from the phone ! Let him do the chasing !
    * * *
    BIBLIOGRAPHY : A great book I'd recommend to you :

When He's Married to Mom: How to Help Mother-Enmeshed Men Open Their Hearts to True Love and Commitment
    Author : Kenneth Adams
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would get out. I think he is looking for something easy. A friend of mine would say he is trying to play ball with 2 cathers mitts. Meaning he is a taker taker and doesn't want to give. To be in a relationship you have to have a cathers mitt and a pitchers arm (ie give and take). I would say to let him go. I think he just wanted someone to talk to and converse with while he was incarserated (maybe Im wrong though).
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• more details please? what were your plans for him?
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Run don't walk away form this situation. You were good enough to wait for him and now he's acting like this. Why are you sitting yourself up for a problem. Sorry your going through this, but don't continue with it, JMO

zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• run like hell and don't look back....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• RUN RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN, GO AND FIND YOURSELF A BETTER MAN
    mommy161617

Answer by mommy161617 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011