Sound like Im getting close? adult content

So the baby has definatley dropped, probably a week or two ago. Im now having increased scentless discharge, and lower back pain. I can feel the baby super low in my pelvic region when she moves, her moving has decreased some though. Im 37 weeks pregnant. And frustrated with my dr, I tell them all of this and they still refuse to check if im dilated until 39 weeks. Ive also been having alot more braxton and hicks contractions. What do you think?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Breathe
    Anonymous

• Sounds like your getting close. I would make sure the bag is packed and things are in order.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I don't disagree with your Doctor for waiting. Believe it or not, a week or two (or three!) can make a big difference for that little guy (or girl). Babies born at 39 weeks or after tend to be much healthier and better off than those born before. The last few weeks can be very hard, with the anticipation and the pain/discomfort. I do agree with the others, pack that bag, get everything in order and just breathe-- everything will be okay and will come soon enough. You're finally about to meet that little cutie that has been kicking and squirming inside you all this time!

Good luck & Congratulations!
    AutumnJade412

Answer by AutumnJade412 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Omg my doctor started checking me when i was around 30 weeks pregnant. What is he waiting for? Thats silly!
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 6:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Autumn Jade is so right. The baby could be in that position for another month or so. There is really no time line once they drop. There is really no reason to check you ever. You will go into labor when you go into labor. He could tell you that you are 3 cm dilated but you could be like that for a month. It is not a good indication of when you will deliver either. Just hang in there. The baby will come soon enough and all the waiting and being ready for him to come will be forgotten.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011