Nighttime Potty Training

After MONTHS (an extremely long time) of trying to potty train my stubborn daughter, one day it FINALLY clicked and since she has had NO daytime accidents. It's been about 2 months now and I'm THRILLED. I am now hoping to work on nighttime dryness. Sometimes she has dry nights, sometimes 2-3 in a row but not consistently. I set an alarm to give her a last sippy at about 6-630 so that by 8 bedtime, it should be out of her system. Any other tips/ideas?

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 5:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• My oldest who is 26 now was totally day/night before she was 2. My youngest who is 8 wasnt day trained till 3/12 and had night accidents until she was almost 6. All kids are different :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• How old is she? I just went to the Dr today and my 4 y/o (just turned for this month) still has accidents at nights sometimes. the Dr said it's completely normal and some children's bladders aren't equipped for them to know this early when they have to pee. My daughter has never had an accident in a lonnng time during the day, so I don't worry about this problem, I know it will stop one day. Good luck toy ou
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• There is no magic way to prevent night time accidents. That is something they simply have to grow out of.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It varies all over the place when a child will be dry at night. Be patient. It could take a long time. Nothing to worry about
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• She will be 3 in March. I know I cant push it, just curious if there were ways to move things along.
    huntin_mama

Comment by huntin_mama (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2011