Is Egypt Barrack Hussein Obama's Iran?

Do you think the People of Egypt getting Played like the people of Iran were played back in the 70's?
If the collapse of the Mubarak regime were to result in the establishment of another Islamic nation, like Iran, what would happen to Israel?

How did Iran work for Carter's Presidency? He sat on his hands too long-------

myame

Asked by myame at 5:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont think the people of Egypt are being played. I think they are smart enough to know what they are getting into and want what they want. I do think this will end up being Obama's Iran in the end though. As for Israel I dont know.

Answer by gemgem at 5:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes it will be. We will lose an Allie and they will go the way of Iran.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I don't see any outcome being one of Democracy for Egypt. The people want Mubarak gone. An overthrow leaves an opening for another extreme 'rule'. Far from Democracy. It has been said the Muslim Brotherhood wants to wage 'war' on Israel.... Not good. I don't know what the future holds for any of them, but if I were in Israel, I would be deeply concerned... As for Obama, if he sits on his hands like Carter did, it is very possible this could be Obama's Iran.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes..I believe so at this point.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• What is he supposed to do?

What was Carter supposed to do about Iran? Pay them off like Reagan did?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• "I don't have any criticism of President Obama or Secretary [Hillary] Clinton at this point," McConnell said on NBC's Meet the Press. "I mean, they know full well that we can't give the Egyptians advice about who their leadership is. That's beyond the reach of the United States. And I think we ought to speak as one voice during this crisis."
    Anonymous

• "Our administration so far has handled this situation pretty well," Boehner said on Fox News. "Reforms need to occur in Egypt. And frankly, any place around the world where people are calling out for freedom [and] democracy, I think we have a responsibility to respond." Boehner called for more democratic reforms in the strife-torn country, while saying the U.S. must continue to support the regime of President Hosni Mubarak. "What we don't want are radical ideologies to take control of a very large and important country in the Middle East," Boehner said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/sc-dc-egypt-gop-20110131,1,385168.story

Anonymous

• It is not our job to decide what kind of government they get

Anymore that its China's decision what kind of government we get

The people have decided 30 years under this dictator is enough

You wouldn't want 30 years of Obama and I wouldn't want 30 years or Bush

Reagan sold arms to Iran illegally and trained terror groups...so why you brought up Carter I don't know
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• sweet, that's all they got. They compare Obama to Carter all the time. They are paranoid and delusional about radicals taking over. Even their buddy Boehner said the WH did all they can for now.
    Time for a predecessor to be voted in, but it's not our place to dictate who that is, or how their government goes about the change.
    Anonymous

• What was Carter supposed to do about Iran?

He refused to back the Shah in preventing a hostile Islamic fundamentalist take over. There is a very long history that dates at least back to the treaty of Versailes and led up to 9-11 and beyond. Basically just about every war can be taken back to the mistakes in settling the war before it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011