Did the Dr strip your membranes? Did it hurt or not?

If given the choice would you do it again?

Did it start your labor? How soon after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, she did. It hurt like hell. It didn't start anything. And I'll NEVER do it again. most awful thing ever.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had mine done twice and it worked the 1st time...I went that night...we tried it with the next kid but I didnt go for almost a week. I think the whole cervix check is painful anyways so i didnt really notice a difference.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I ddin't notice the different it felt like a regular cervical check. Went into labor the next day.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I did with my first around 41 weeks. It wasn't a big deal and I went into labor the next day. Then I think I did with my third as well but I can't remember. It was not bad at all in the long scheme of things. I would do it again if I went late.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• it does not hurt , if it is done right
    duwana

Answer by duwana at 8:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had my membranes stripped with my first pregnancy and it hurt like hell, and it did NOTHING for me. I will NEVER go through it again.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2011