Would you go to Europe without your kids?

I am....why or why not?

spamica

Asked by spamica at 5:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, but I wouldn't do any sort of vacation without my daughter. I view a vacation as a family thing, not a me or me and hubby thing.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My daughter is 2 we been in Hungary with her when she was 11 months we planning another 1 in this june I would take her until she bigger or age proper to stay home alone or with help exp:grandparent
    mia2708

Answer by mia2708 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yep, I did, went to Germany for 12 weeks for an internship and traveled while I was over there, my DS at the time 2 stayed with grandma for the summer. He had a blast playing at grandma's and I don't regret the decision ever. Now at 5 he has no memory of me leaving or the summer spent at grandmas.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Hell yeah I would go without them. i love vacations just me and my husband. We need that time alone. Have a great time! Im jealous!!!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Of course I would. If I wanted to go with my friends or my dh then I wouldnt have any problem leaving my kids behind with their grandparents. Sometimes you just need to get away without kids.
    I would also take them if it was right. For instance we are looking into traveling to Paris or Rome this year or next with my mom and dad. In that case the kids would be going.

Answer by gemgem at 6:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think we would. Right now we can't because our DD has been sick for the past 5 months in and out of the hospital. Although since we never had a honey moon I would love to go for a few weeks. I would love to take my kids with us, although the cost might be to great. I do think that once my children move out we will think about going. We have gone on vacation for a weekend without the kids, I think it is a great way to reconnect with each other.

I understand vacations being a family thing and we always do a vacation with the kids so I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a vacation without them.

Have a great time!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No,I wouldn't...
    ImKristen

Answer by ImKristen at 6:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We aren't going until next year but we just decided to do it today so I'm already excited! :)
    spamica

Comment by spamica (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would, my kids would love that time w/grandma and I would love that time just me and my husband. I cherish the alone time we get together.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Unless they showed some sort of an interest in where we would be staying and visiting then no I would not take them. For us that would be a once in a life time trip and I would not want it to be managed by unhappy , bored and cranky kids.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011