anyone have any luck getting pregnant with blocked tubes?

has anyone used that Clear Passage massage therapy or do the HSG test to unblock the tubes? anything else?

wadeswife81

Asked by wadeswife81 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a blocked cervix...I know that is different but I had the HSG test...(hurt so bad I almost passed out...)

But once the HSG test was done and Dr had cleared my blockage away I was pregnant :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• wow! i have read about the test and stuff and have read mixed reviews....it would be cheaper than the clear passage therapy which is 5200$ did you have insurance?
    wadeswife81

Comment by wadeswife81 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes we have really good insurance...we only paid a 25 dollar copay...if I had been admitted it would have been 100...

It worked for me...but I would imagine that clearing the cervix would be easier to reach than a tube...just my uneducated guess.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You know Calendula tea can help unblock the tubes. Might be worth trying along with some of the other treatments. I had mine opened years ago and don't remember the name of the procedure, but it worked.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have one blocked tube (my left) and did get pregnant (although I did miscarry) but the point being that I DID get pregnant. If both tubes were blocked, it would make for difficulty conceiving so treatments or surgery could be required if other measures were taken and didn't work. I have a friend who did end up doing IVF to implant the fertilized egg into her uterus and after the second round, she did get pregnant and is due this May 2011!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 10:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• well since this post i am now married and have good insurance through my hubby;s work. i am looking into options for us to have a baby together. there is some procedure you can get that removes the blocked part of the tube i guess called the hydrosalpinx. i had a dream over the wkd that seemed so real to me that i found out iw as pregnant and i remember saying i was excited in the dream and was in real life too! his parents dont have any grand kids and i have a daughter that is going to be 11 this yr. i am just not sure if i can go back to diapers etc and wonder if i have matured enough to take on a baby now that im almost 30. i also dont want to wait until we are nearly 40 to have one.
    wadeswife81

Comment by wadeswife81 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011