my 2 months old wake up at crying at night almost ever 3 hrs from feeding

does that mean he's hungry? His ped said let him cry, baby can sleep thru the night without eating. It's hard to let him cry out tho, how do you guys do it? Im going back to work in 3 wks and I need a good night sleep.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• any ped that says a 2 month old can sleep through the night without feeding should be shot. A baby's tummy is the size of their fist!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Not believing this post.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I agree with peanuts.... and any ped that tells a mother to let their 2 month old cry it out should be shot, or starved to death is my choice. A$$hole. Yes, they wake up because they are hungry. They baby needs to be fed. If you need to take an extra few weeks, whats more important? Baby / work?
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 6:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• agreeing with Peanuts too -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Some babies can sleep through the night by then, but it's pretty uncommon and I don't think it's something that can be trained. My 2nd baby slept through the night at 6 weeks and I thought I had it all figured out, now my 3rd baby still wakes up at night at 1 year. They're all different and they can't all be expected to sleep throught the night at the same time.Letting a baby that young cry it out is a very bad idea and will teach your baby that he can't trust you and that you aren't going to take care of his needs and will cause him a lot of stress and anxiety. I don't know what to recommend as far as being well rested for work, it may just not be possible. Does he sleep in your room with you? It helped me to have my baby right next to my bed so I could feed him in the night without getting up. I didn't turn the light on either. I just fed him and layed him right back down, it helped us both get back to sleep quickly.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Every 3 hours is not bad right now. It should get longer and longer between feedings. Each baby is different.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• If your doc really said that its time to get a new doc!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Every baby is different..and ur pedi is WRONG.

Yes both my sons we're sleeping threw the night by 6 week

however ur child sounds Hungry. Waking up every 3 hrs to feed is just normal. Sooner or later he'll be eating enough to where it will fill him up and he'll sleep threw the night. No it cant be taught..it just kinda happens lol. You have 3 weeks left till u go back to work..you will be fine. Good Luck.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Every 3 hours is normal at that age. Feed him quick and go back to sleep. No one gets a good nights sleep with a 2 month old baby.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• – collapse
    mix some baby cereal real thin and feed to infant depending on when your sleeping hours are 9.00 - 11.00 pm once see if the infant sleeps longer only do this at nite only once a nite should do the job of course check the popo's make sure every thing is running fine
    nettalou

Answer by nettalou at 7:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 (hidden) + expand