Im worried that my baby will be angry and violent like his father. adult content

Has anyone else had experience with an angry abusive father and then having an out of control child? I have since left the father of the baby and do not think he will be in the baby's life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You did the right thing in getting away from that situation. Do not expose your child to that or it could be detrimental to you both. It is better to be happy and alone with just the two of you -- than to be together with a violent partner and expose the child (not to mention yourself) to domestic violence! Good Luck!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Will the father be in the child life?
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Unless his father had a hereditary emotional problem such as bi-polar disorder you have nothing to worry about. Even if he did there is so much better help for children now than there was when he was growing up. With effort and patients your child will be fine no matter what. Don't fret yet! Enjoy the fun baby stuff.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• children learn what they see in their prospective.. if they see fighting, yelling etc they will do the same in return.. we as parents are their teachers an they look up to us an ones around to ..
    heiditr

Answer by heiditr at 6:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It is a possibility if there is mental illness in the father's background or family. If the father will be involved and your son sees the violence or experiences the violence, yes he could.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Well, honestly, I thought my husbands anger/frustration issues were because of the bad abusive childhood he had - although my husband is not an abuser, the traits of easy frustration/ getting set off instantly seem to be genetic in our son - but he also has BOTH of our anxiety issues and we have thick mental health issues on our sides. Since having our son my husband has been a new man, so to speak.. patient, understanding, calm you name it - so my son having them is clearly genetic.. however, we are teaching him tools on how to focus those feelings and anger and properly use them.. you have to get creative and read and learn learn learn but it does not mean your child will 100% be like the father. my best wishes to you
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My son's father has bi-polar. He never took it seriously and was abusive, I left him when our son was 2. I see serious immaturity in my sons social behavior, but he's not violent, he's a very sweet natured kid actually who loves to help out mommy. I worry about my son having bi-polar, and like I said as he's gotten older i've noticed his social skills often lack, but eventually he catches up. Cognitively he's sharp as a tack. i think although genetics play a role in my son's sometimes odd behaviors his environment also plays a larger role. Although I stated I worry about a bi-polar diagnosis in his future, I do not worry that he will grow up to be angry or violent, or abusive. I see no signs of that what so ever. I think if your child is raised in a loving and nurturing environment where respect and boundaries are taught they will be just fine, and not at all like their father in those behavioral aspects.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Unless the child has an uncontrolable temper (which is unlikely) the child will not be anything like any person other then who raises them. If the father is in his life then he will learn the ways of his father. If the child doesn't know the ways of his father then he's unlikely to immitate those ways. You raise the child how you want him to turn out.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2011