How does Netflix work? Do you like it?

I just signed up for a one month free trial. I got the deal where you can watch movies online, through my Wii, and ones in the mail. I am a little confused though. Not all movies are available online and through my Wii. It will say "add to you Q". How does this "Q" work exactly? How many will they send me at once? How do I send them back? Why are they not all available online? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 6:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Entertainment

• I like to watching movies on your computer aspect of it but not the movies in the mail part.
    VaLWMoM

Answer by VaLWMoM at 6:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• There are some movies you can watch instantly. Anything playing on the stars channel and then mostly older stuff. Anything else must be put on your dvd list.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You will get them in the mail in the same envelope you use to send them back. Due to some type of licensing agreement some movies are available to view online while others aren't. Your Q is where you put the movies you want them to send you. Depending on how much you pay a month depends on how many movies you have. They take out so much a month from your bank account. You get a movie, watch it, send it back, and then the next movie in your Q is mailed to you..... hope that covers it all.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• LOVE LOVE LOVE it.....we just changed our package though.

We started off getting 2 in the mail and being able to watch the instant movies on our computer or through our Wii on our regular tv.

WE realized that the really only used the instant movies.....so we changed to that package which is 7.99 I believe.

WELL worth the money!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We love it and I can't explain it better than kitchenwitch.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I LOVE Netflix! I'm watching it right now!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I love Netflix, but they won't take the card that my child support comes on and I don't have a bank account so I had to close my account
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 8:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• How many they send you depends on the package that you signed up for. There are three different packages with three different rates. One package is one DVD a month through the mail with limited instant veiwing. Another is two DVD's a month with Instant vewing, and the third is three DVD's a month with unlimited instant veiwing. Your "Que" is the DVD inventory of all of the movies you have requested to be sent to you as you send them back. They come in an envelope that is as well the envelope that you send them back in. Self addressed and postage paid, so that you're sending back without extra costs. All you have to do is remove the top cover and the envelope is ready to go when you're ready to send it back. All you do is slip the DVD into the envelope, seal, and put it into your mailbox.

On your Wii you can download the Wii Channel, which is where you'll have all of your instant Que movies/TV shows.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• (Continue) You can go to Netflix.com to add and remove any of your Instant and DVD Que choices. On the DVD Que you can also move around the order in which you recieve your videos. If there's one at the bottom of the list you'd like to be sent to you now, then you just click "Move to top" and it'll move it up. If you want to switch one movie before another then you can do that by changing the numbers on the left of the name and saving your choices.

There is only a certain amount available of space allowed to Netflix (by their choice) for how many instant movies/TV shows they carry. Which is why there isn't as many available on Instant as there is on the DVD Que. It is reported that they are eliminating the through the mail DVD selection and only having it through instant. However, that has yet to be seen, so I'm not sure if that was rumor or not.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• If you choose to use the Instant Que through your Wii you will need to go into your Download Channel on your Wii and download the Netflix App. This will allow you the ability to add and watch any movie/TV show available. The Wii remote buttons do everything that is needed to be done. You can pause/unpause using the 1, 2, or A button, and the back trigger takes you back to a previous menu. You will need to get the remote to recognize first by pressing a button before any options will work. Just as you would when you go to play a game.

It's easy to use, easy to watch what you want, and really a great way to watch everything. Even things you wouldn't have even thought of. I've seen a lot of great documentaries and movies that I didn't even know were out there. It's really broadened my veiwing pleasure. Ha! I wish there were a bigger selection on Instant as well, so hopefully they're making that change happen.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011