Taking our 18 month old on his first road trip...

My husband and I are taking a vacation at the end of May and were thinking about taking our son (who will be almost 2 by that time) on a road triip to Chicago. Neither of us have ever spent much time in the city. What should we do while we are there and any recommendations on a place to stay? I really want to visit the zoo and possibly the aquarium, and hubby wants to go see a cubs game...

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Travel

• The Shedd Aquarium,
    The Natural History Museum,
    The Science and Industry Museum,
    The Field Museum,
    Navy Pier,
    John Hancock Observatory,
    Adler Planetarium,
    Mellenium Park,
    Chicago Children's Museum,
    Lincoln Park Zoo,
    Brookfield Zoo,
    Chicago History Museum,
    Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum,
    The Chicago Water Taxi,

... There is a lot of non tourist things to do in Chicago just simply by walking around. There are a lot of shops you may not see everyday and a lot of foods to try out. We went a few years ago and had an awesome time! (We being my parents and my younger sister) As far as places to stay .. well .. Chicago is QUITE expensive and it'll be hard to find a good deal in a nice neighborhood. Go to Hotels.com and research the areas of every hotel you find.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I don't know much about Chicago (only been there once), but my son was 15 months when we took him to his first zoo, and 17 months when we took him to his first aquarium. He loved both. He would laugh, stare, point, say a couple words...it was fun. :) I think those two options at least would be excellent choices for your toddler.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 6:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011