Why is she peeing on herself?

DD just turned 4 and has been pretty succesfully potty trained for the better part of a year. Over the past week or so, she has started peeing on herself again, and I can't figure out why. She isn't sick.... I don't know if she is just getting to absorbed in whatever she is doing, or is jealous or what. I am pregnant, but she seems to be so excited about a sibling. That is the only major change recently.

I don't yell or punish her when she has these accidents, I never felt really great about punishing her for a normal bodily function.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well if she is in Pre-k or Preschool she may behaving problems with another child bullying her. (Thats what my dd did when she was being bullied in kidergarten) or she may have an infection. If it continues I'd take her to the doctor.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Stress..

when fully and successfully potty trained children revert back and start having alot of accidents out of the blue most of the time its stress related and thats how children her age bodies react sometimes. It happened to my step son when his mother started terrorizing me when ever she came over..and this was shortly after we found out I was pregnant.

I'd suggest just talking to her..seeing how her day is..and about the nwe baby..tell her u kno shes excited but she may also have fears/worries and such..comfort her..try talkin to her teacher about things that go on during the day

goodluck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I kinda had a feeling it was something like that... she just seems so excited, you know? We have been trying really hard to include her in all the baby stuff, but maybe we will back off baby stuff and do more DD stuff. Thank you for the help!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yea do u have anymore children? or is ur only one??

I can suggest this..its important and exciting to have a new baby..but u have to make sure u make enough time for ur other child..NOT saying ur forgetting about her..but it is important to make her feel just as special as ur making the new baby..u understand that? lol.

We have now 4 kids all together..and we spend special family time..and then each child alone..its hard to spread out with everything going on but even 10 minutes doing something fun is nice.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• bullying??
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• In my training as a Human Services worker and all the Psychology I need to know, wetting themselves after being fully potty trained is NOT a good thing. It could be a sign of some SERIOUS turmoil that they're going through. If she knows that you're pregnant now, she could be using this as a tool to get more attention. She may be scared that when you have a new baby, that you won't have time for her. Sit her down and try to get her to understand that you won't forget about her with the new brother/sister in the house, that you'll love her just as much as you do now.

If that doesn't help, then I think you should take her to a counselor. It brings out a lot with my son.

And remember, if she's doing this, praise her when she does use the potty, so she knows that's what you're supposed to do.
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2011